Intel P4 506 or sempron 2800+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
I just saw this amazing deal in my newpaper they are giving me socket 775 ECS motherboard and a p4 506 for only $109.95. I wanted to get a sempron 2800+ and a msi mobo but that would come out to like $125. I am and AMD guy but this deal sounds good. I have a sempron 2800+ now for socket A and i want to upgrade to a better mobo and cpu that will at least last me to the summer when i get my job. What should i do? And yes i am a gamer. I play games like hl2 and cs:s and others. What deal would you go for?

The Pentium 4 is probably going to be your better deal. It's as far as speed goes though. I dunno... Being an AMD fanboy, I'd still be tempted to go with the Sempron and overclock it with a good motherboard.

Ryan

I know that sempron is equal to celeron and p4 is equal to athlon. I was hoping that if i get the p4 i could overlcock it 200mhz to a 2.8. I feel weird about ti though tunring to the devil side with a p4 lol. In the summer i am going to get a job and get a dfi lanparty s939, and an opteron and a pciE videocard. But right now i want something more powerful than what i have now to last me until the summer wen i get my s939 rig. So do you guys think i should still go with the p4 since it is cheaper and better performance and it is only to last me until around summer. What would you do?:confused:

Now that I think about it... Whichever you can do for the absolute cheapest. It's only temporary. And you don't want to get something that's going to tempt you to upgrade a semi-okay computer. You want a whole new rig later down the road.

Ryan

yeah exactly ryan its only temproary. I think i am going wiht the p4. It will give me way better performance than my sA sempron, plus my videocrad is only runnig ina a 4x slot and it is an 8x card so it should increase performance in my videocard too. Any other opinons?

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL said:
btw..........the p4 506 is 2.66 ghz but i am planning on overclocking it to least to 2.8ghz maybe even 3.0ghz, because i go tmy arctic silver ready.

No problems here :p.

See Sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom