Computer Freeze Coming Out of Standby or Hibernate

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockinjeremy928

Beta member
I am by no means computer savy when it comes to diagnosing computer problems, so I thought I would come to this board for some help.

I just bought a new Dell Dimension 9150 Desktop a few days ago, brand new from the Dell website. Here are the specs:

DIM 9150,820 (2.8GHZ),DCT
512MB DDR2 SDRAM AT 533MHZ-2X256MB,DIM,P
DELL USB KEYBOARD,DIM,LC
19IN (19.0 IN VIS) E193FP,FPIB,DIM,P
256MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800,DIM,P
80GB SERIAL ATA,7200 RPM,DIM,P
NO FLOPPY DRIVE REQUESTED
WIN XP HOME,SP2,ENG,DIM,TIED
IMAGE RESTORE, DIM
DELL DIRECT DOWNLOAD,SMB,DIM/INSP
SEARCH ASST PORTAL,DIM/INSP
INTEGRATED 10/100/1000 ETHERNET
NO MODEM REQUESTED
48X CD-RW AND 16X DVD+/-RW,DIM,P
DECODING SOFTWARE,POWER DVD,DIM
SOUNDBLASTER ADVANCED MB AUDIO
NO SPEAKER REQUESTED,DIMENSION
MCAFEE 7.0,OEM,ENG,90DAY,DIM/INSP

I like to put my computer on standby or hibernate when I am not using it. On this new computer, every time I wake up the system from standby or hibernate, about 10 - 20 s after waking it up, the system freezes. Ctrl Alt Delete has no effect. The only way to shut is down is to do a hard shut down with the power button. And on 3 or 4 ocassions after it frooze, the computer rebooted itself?!? I called tech support and they had me do a system restore but it didn't help. They are sending me new computer, but I am afraid it will happen with the new one too. Does anybody know what caused this and is it a frequent problem with Dell computers? I really appreciate the help.

Thanks, Jeremy

MCAFEE is a resourse hog. I would uninstall all traces of it and load an alternative like Trend Micro- PC-Cillion 2006. I would also go to add/remove programs and remove all the Dell crap that comes with the PC as well as the spyware that it comes with as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom