computer restarts when dvd reads any cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychojoshie

Solid State Member
hey my dvd drive is really weird. it can read cd's and dvd's and do all that but the thing is that when i'm logged into my account on xp, and i insert a cd or dvd, i can hear the cd drive running but then it quickly flashes into a blue screen with white words on it very quickly and then restarts the computer. but i can prevent this from happening by inserting the cd before i login. oh and also, if there's any kind of a cd in my drive when i start the computer, right before it goes into the login screen in restarts. and i can prevent this by pushing the eject button and waiting until the login screen shows up and i push it back in. both of these problems haven't happened before and they started happening at the same time and i dont know what made it start doing it. any similar problems or advice on how to fix this?

maybe some info about the drive...like brand and model. I will say it does sound like a very strange problem. I would have guessed that the drive was shorting out and causing the restart but i dont know why you would be able to get cd/dvd's working if you put them in at the login screen. Check in device manager and see if there are any conflicts with that drive.

Disable autorestart on error

Right Click My Computer>>Properties>>Advanced>>Startup and Recovery. Uncheck Automatically Restart.

If it blue screens, please post stop errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom