Video Card Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hello All, I have my system specs posted below. I'm currently running a Geforce 5700LE vid card. I'm not exactly a hardcore gamer in terms of FPS type games, but I'm really into RPG's, and the three I'm looking forward too the most seem VERY slick in the graphics department, which means my video card will probably choke. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Gothic 3, and The Witcher are the games I'm talking about playing.

In my situation would I be better off just getting one of the highend AGP cards coming out, and if so, which one? I'd like to spend under $400, and while I have read up on PCIE and SLI I'm thinking it's probably not really worth it in the end for me. Maybe in a couple years.... So, can I keep my PC going by just upgrading to a awesome AGP card? And if so, what card?

Any other hardware suggestions? Still have 6-8 weeks before these games even start to come out, but I'd like to have an idea of some good options :)

Thanks in Advance!

Whats the rest of the specs on your computer? Is it the one in your sig?

There are rumors that the 7800gs is coming out very soon, so pay attention to that. If its anything like the 6800gs, it should be a pretty good card.

Awesome, thanks :) Is there a certain brand of the 6800gs I should look into? And do they make a 256MB version of that card, or does it even matter? Thanks again!

While the 6800GS is a great card for AGP, probably the best, if you dont plan on buying it now, you should wait a little and see how the 7800gs is.

Excellent, thanks guys!!!!

Anything I need to think about in terms of extra cooling for the card? I see they make PCI cards with some nice fans on them.

If you're going to try any substantial overclocking, get the aftermarket cooling, but if not, you won't need anything extra.

Ryan

Ok, I probably won't bother, can always add something later when or if I need to. As long as I can play the few games I'm looking forward to at a reasonable setting without turning off ALL the good stuff I'll be happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom