need help...again

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedracer2411

Baseband Member
Well this real sucks its got me sick to my stomach. Ok well I build this computer yesterday my first build. Did alot of research figuring out how to build the computer read about it for week even bought a book. So then yester day I set it up everything ran fine I set up BIOS and everything had a few minor problems that where a quick fix, set up windows. Everything was still fine, I Downloaded all the drivers for everything. Then download BF2, And also AE III, started playing age III for about 5 minutes the boom a few sparks flew i saw, the comp shut down and more sparks flew i then went to unplug it ASAP. Then I start to smell something buring, i pop open the tower and look around nothing visally wrong at least from what i saw. I smelt around in the case my nose led me to the cpu but took the heatsink off and everything look fine. Then smell around more and realize the smells coming from the Power supply it just reaks of that burning smell, i take it apart it all looks ok but smell horibbly.

Im sure the rear was set to 115, and if it means anyhting I have a 20 pin power supply and a 24pin Mobo but i got an adapter.

So what does everyone thing the power supply just fryed, could anything else be damaged as well??

Again it was runing great the kaboom, thanks for anyhelp...I despretly need it.

Everything else could potentially be damaged, but I doubt it... Take out your ram sticks and see if there are any visible burns on the pins, ect. But yeah, your power supply is gone. I hope you didn't use one of those crappy ones that come with the case. Those things are lucky to last an hour.

Ryan

yea i used the one that came with the case it claims to be a 500w so i figured why not try this, i guess i may have cost me...so should i just go buy a new one...how much power do u think i need

heres my specs
Asus p5gd2-x Mobo 24 pin (lga 775)
sony Ide dvd/cd rw
western digital 250gb 7200rpm 16mb cashe sata
2 sets of CORSAIR 1gb (2x512) ddr2 533 (pc2 4200)
eVGA 6800 GS video
Intel P4 650 presscott 800mhz 3.4GHz HT

ok so i went and got a new one for 110 bucks and put it in fire it up and i go to check bios and everything and it just randomly shuts off i try it again...it shuts off...and so on

what now????

panic. But in all seriousness, you may have fried your motherboard. Get in some good light and look for any physical damage. Burn marks, leaky capacitors, etc...

Ryan

great i figured it out i think i went into bios went to the temps. and my cpu was at 70 C and climbing fast....not good

help me

okay, so it's alive. Very good. So what's the problem now? Are we talking 70 celcius? In the bios? That's really, really warm.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom