Symantec' Norton Anti-Virus and System Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbc

Banned
I have recently had to reformat my hard drive due to Norton Anti-Virus 2006, which would not allow updating to the latest virus signatures. System Works would not allow running of some of the software's modules, also the 2006 version. What I would like to know is what is forum member's oppinion of Norton Anti-Virus and System Works software. I have switched off Norton and gone with Mc Affee for the anti-virus and V-Com for the utilities. I would also like to know what forum members think of Mc Afee and V-Com.

I would have to say norton has caused me to reformat over 6 times. But i dont know any other decent anti-virus programs so i still use Norton Anti Virus 2006, my brother also uses System Works 2006.

And norton allways seems to stuff up windows in the same way... it gets to the windows log on screen and just hangs there.. nothing can fix it, not even safe mode.

GAH!

Never had any real problems because of Nrton or any of Symantec's products. At worst I had to reinstall and redownload updates for Norton Internet Security after I download SP2, that has been it. Norton is the best security software available imo.

Anyone had a Symantec product not allow you to download the lastest virus sigatures? Symantec has never allowed me to do this in the three years that I used it. Mc Afee has given me no problems what so ever.

I have Norton 2006 with their firewall and I have had to disable it and went back to ZoneAlarm. The Norton firewall "garbled" up the main page at ATV Connection forums and after shutting it down and reinstalling ZA...no problems.

Norton's Firewall is good over all but I think it's mainly meant for basic PC user's. Zone Alarm's is a superior product that is more complicated but allows for *much* more customization, opening ports, etc. and is easy for techy folks like us to understand, but not so much for "regular" ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom