RAM question..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Ok. Ok so I have 2 512m stick In my old emachines and If I get the same kind in a 1X 1GB Stick and put the other two 512s in will that give me a solid 2gb?

I was reffering to specifically what type of memory we're talking about here. For example, say you currently have 2*512MB of PC2700 DDR1 and you want to add it with the other 2*512MB PC3200 DDR1 in an AMD64 system, you can technically do so although all memory will operate at DDR333 and you'll have memory bandwidth issues

If you are using DDR1 and want to switch to a Socket T Pentium 4 you probably won't be able to as most 775 cores will want DDR2, and even if you have the option of using either DDR1 or DDR2, you're going to again be creating a bottleneck especially with the Pentium since it relies heavily on the faster DDR2 FSB speed

before you go buying, you need to see what kind of ram you have and post back here. You're clearly showing that you don't know what kind of ram that you have, so I'd really, really consider trying to rectify your knowledge of what you'll be buying.

Ryan

Oh well Im getting a whole new computer....new cpu, new mobo, new evreything...Im looking at the mushkin eXtreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 500...hehe and I think Its compatable with My DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Socket 939 Mobo... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom