OCing a TI83+

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroordie

In Runtime
hey ppl,
First off, I know this is a comp OC forum, and not a calculator one lol, but whoever's crazy about OCing overclocks anything with a cpu!
So I have a TI83+ calc and I wish to OC it, however every tutorial on OCing these babies comes out with pictures which do not look like my TI83+'s insides. I'm gessing i got a newer version...? I know this much, you have to change a capacitor (C11) to increase the cpu voltage and increase its frequency. I've found the C11 capacitor, but since my calc doesn't seem to match other TI83+ I'm reluctant to do anything right now. If any of you think yo can give me a hand with this, I'd be really happy :)
I'll be adding pictures some time soon, thx 4 ur help!

Yeah, but woudn't that be like changing the cpu basically? I dont think I can do that, I mean can u buy Zilog 20Mhz cpus on the market, and get it to fit in your calc?
k so check ou the pic i'm attaching, and this one from an overclocking tutorial for TI83+ calcs ==> http://www.ftp83plus.net/overclocA.htm
Weird eh?

Attachments

• calc1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 36
Here's a closeup on the cpu, and capacitor C11A (red arrow), the one I'm guessing I have to change, taken for granted that even though I dont have the same version as the one shown in the tutorial, it's still the same capacitor I have to change.

Attachments

• calc2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 38
Haha. So overclocking a TI-83+ would make it faster? How much? I really hate waiting for graphs to load in math class. It's really a waste of time, especially if it's loading 3 or more functions at once...

LOL yeah, OCing a TI83+ could mean increasing it's pathetic 6Mhz cpu to up to 18-20Mhz :D
that's why i'm pretty psyched by this. I'm also planning on building an infrared link to chat w/ other TI calc owners in my class.
So anyone actually know if the capacitor C11A on my calc is the one to change or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom