Raptor Really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndofSanity

In Runtime
I'm just wanting to know if its worth the extra money for a raptor drive.
Please only give comments/suggestions if you actualy own a raptor or have used one! i hate ppl who based on other ppl's opinion come up with this completly incorrect and bias statements and or opnions.

depends on what youl use it for... If you Get a 32 GB and put your OS and Games on it and buy a second hard drive (alot bigger, suggest 250 gb) and put evreything else on that You will be golden my freind, Golden...:)

I am currently running a 74g raptor as my primary and it is definitely worth the money. I'm not going to go into specifics since I'm sure plenty of other people will.

d0ntcar3 said:
I am currently running a 74g raptor as my primary and it is definitely worth the money. I'm not going to go into specifics since I'm sure plenty of other people will.

I am too using a raptor as my primary drive.

Windows, Games & demanding appz.

It's a fantastic drive. It is pretty small in the storage department, so that explains the 150G drive WD just released. I love this drive.

Windows installed in under 10 minutes. Game loading times are very quick. I don't know what it is, but in BF2 i'm always the first one to spawn in a new game. Could be my uber fast cable connection.???

The way I see it is that a slow hard drive can be a huge bottleneck, since all the information you ever use with your superfast CPU and graphics card originally comes from the hard drive, right? So why not get one of the fastest drives possible? I went from a 5,400-rpm Seagate to my Raptor and it makes quite a difference - most notably, boot time and the loading time for Half-Life 2.

I've got a 74-gig Raptor for Windows, games, and apps and an 80gb external drive for music, storage, and things I want to back up. Works for me!

The Raptor does have quite a noticeable seek noise (it reminds me of computers that struggled with Chessmaster 3000), but I've grown fond of it. Think of it like revving the engine with a modified exhaust on a car. :D The idle is quieter than my old Seagate.

Lastly, I don't think the 36-gb one is worth the money. I read somewhere that the 74-gig is slightly faster, and (of course) has 200% the storage capacity for a 50% greater price.

I always spawn first too, and i have a 7200RPM SATAII drive. I guess its worth it if you want the best of everything.

I have the 150GB drive, I like it. I'll be picking up another one soon for a Raid0 configuration. Currently it's my secondary drive, quick application launching. Speed wise it's alright...I think it's worth it.

I was thinking of getting a raptor but decided against and and went with two SeaGate 120gb Barracudas in RAID0. I love it when playing bf2 becuase i spawn before anyone else and i can get the good vehicles or w/e i feel like using. But if you have the money, go for the 150gb raptor becuase that thing is a beast. :D

f you Get a 32 GB and put your OS and Games on it and buy a second hard drive (alot bigger, suggest 250 gb) and put evreything else on that You will be golden my freind, Golden...

thats what i plan to do, for those reasons. good to know that it works that well. i'm getting the 36 only because i realize it is a worse value, but i won't have enough for the 74.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom