Cant decide between single video card or two for future..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wouldn't bother with SLI or Crossfire since I don't think even much this year it would ever be necessary. As it looks you don't even gain enough with paying the money to run SLI to make it worth it.

I haven't personally ran an SLI or Crossfire setup but based on what i have read multiple places. It's not worth the money.

So in short, it's up to you whether or not you want to buy an SLI ready board or Crossfire for future use. It wont be necessary but if you do you can always brag and say, HEY I HAVE DUAL 7800 GTX's etc ;).

lol yeah...hey thanks for the suggestions and stuff..im building my own pc...omg my brain is so cramped from learning all this stuff...I wanna be a programmer or a Game desginer when I grow up :D btw does a 37.4 Gig raptor for games and a 250 SATA for evreything else seem ok? I heard BF2 maps load very quickly with those rapotors...hehehe

Running said:
yeai agree, alot of people dislike ati around here, i don't know why. but check out ati's x1800xt

The reason I'd buy the 7800GT is not because of being an nVidia fan. It's purely price. It's cheaper the last time I checked.

Ryan

Ya it's quite large ;), so beast is right. Would definitely wait for the new cards before i would spend 818 dollars on that :p.

i would just buy a 6800gs or 6600gt because the new nvidia cards are coming out and with all their new cards. I also would not go sli because i think that the new cards will be at least 30% better than the cards out right now and that is practically the advantage of sli'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom