Cant decide between single video card or two for future..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Envy

In Runtime
I cant decide between buying 2 video card now or single video card....or just buying one video card with the right mobo and then get another on when the prices drop...arg im so confused...please somone help me...

i had that question in mind wen i frst started learnin bout building a comp, and i went with NO SLI.

Yea, a single 7800GTX 256 is an excellent and solid card. You may want to look at the X1800XT too, has better video quality than the 7800GTX 256 and is in the same price range.

yeai agree, alot of people dislike ati around here, i don't know why. but check out ati's x1800xt

Im not Biased towards ATI its just that Iv had bad luck with them...I mean the first 2 cards I bought from them didnt work and then I bought a Radeo 9550 (holy **** was that a bad idea) and it sucked...so yeah but il look into it... and the reason why I brought this whole sub up was becuase Im trying to make this computer as good as I can NOW becuase I wont be buying new crads, I wont be Getting new CPu's, And I certanily wont be getting any new Hard drives becuase I just wont have the money after this. This is alot of money for a highshcool Student like me so Im trying to get the most I can so I can play tomrows games without buying a thousand dollar video card or AMD processor. :)

SLI, Crossfire aren't in any way necessary at this point.

I would definitely stick with a 1 Card platform for now.

Nothing wrong with ATI cards. I have had very good luck with them.

I am running an x1800xt currently and it runs everything at highest settings without problems. However the 7800 gtx is still a very good card. Both very comparable. So I would basically go with whichever one is cheaper atm ;). I haven't looked at prices for a while.

But do you think I should get a SLI enabled motherboard if I do get the 7800 GTX so when the new Graphics cards come out and the Gtx's price goes down I can buy another one and sli em? or crossfire with the x1800xt wich ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom