help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedracer2411

Baseband Member
This is my first build...everything went fine, it started up fine and everything, i set up bios, let it run for about an hour or so for "burn in". So after that i shut it off and go to comp usa to buy a fan for the rear and come back put on the fan, start up the computer and then and start up screen theres little dash all over the screen and then i go to BIOS and it has little unoganized black line through out all of the screen...what the problem

this suck n e help would be greatly appreciated

Clear CMOS, then try rebooting. If that doesn't solve it, unattach everything except CPU, RAM and Video card then try rebooting.

speedracer2411 said:
im sorry whats cmos

The CMOS is most often associated with the small coin like battery that can be found on all motherboards. It contains settings that include but are not limited to, boot order, boot devices, BIOS Passwords, CPU frequency and IRQ/port settings.

To clear the CMOS you should be able to take the CMOS battery off the motherboard by pushing down a small clip holding it in. Keeping the battery off for 1-3 minutes then placing the battery back where it was and rebooting.

All this should be done while computer is off and AC cord is detached.

speedracer2411 said:
reseting it worked...any reason why it does that????

Well, most of the time with computer problems, we never figure out why something happens, but at least we found a way to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom