Which of these graphics cards? (Nvidia Geforce7800GT) also:suggestios on AMDprocessor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...I think i'm gonna get a differen't Mobo. All the reveiws say how dificult this one is. I've heard stuff about MSI, any suggestions on that or other brands that i should look at?

I read the reviews on how tough it is to setup a DFI and i didnt think it was hard at all. Just read up on it before you start building. I know some links to good guides to building with DFIs if you need them. I would stick with the DFI.

I think the Athlon 4000+ is a little too expensive but how much do you think the 512kb of L2 Cache will affect preformance compared to the 1Mb on the 3700?

Also: Should i get Registered or Unbuffered RAM? I've heard it is mainly for lots of ram (Servers), as of now i'm only planning to get 512Mb (later i'll upgrade top a Gb) so do i need it?

well if your going to be playing BF2 512mb might not cut it..I personally think 2 gb of ram is perfect for bf2...but then again what do I know...

Well here's what i have so far:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939

Graphics Card: eVGA 256-P2-N516 Geforce 7800GT 256MB

Mobo: MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM: Patriot Signature Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered

Comments?

Also, I have a 200W PSU From a Compaq Deskpro EN. Do you think i need to buy a new PSU (if so, suggestions(voltage, Brand))? I really don't want to spend any more money on this but if i have to.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom