My PC Specs: Eat Your Heart Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

In Runtime
I noticed how some of you post your "Specs" on your signatures showing off your fabulous systems. Well i started to put mine in my signature too, until i realized it's too much for a signature. I decided to just post it. So, here goes. My wonderful pc specs that will make any of you techies jealous and bat an envious eye! I've had this system for 5, almost 6 years. Hey... my system needs to be shown off too! Eat your heart out techies! ;)

AMD K6-2 400mhz chip - Prob the only good thing i ever had goin for me!

Geric Fan being held onto the heatsink by loose fitting screws (cheap) - If the fan doesnt work on bootup, just squeeze or jiggle the wires going into it, or use your finger to give it a spin... that'll jump start it!

PCCHIPS (more like POTATOCHIPS) M598 mainboard attached to case by only 2 screws and cushioned against metalframe by folded matchbook covers.

Generic 50x CDROM - with a bad recrimped powersupply connection, and a loose ill-fitting audiocable.

WesternDigital 6gig HD - The only new thing attached to the computer since the last one died 2 months ago after 5 years of sluggish mulework.

Iomega 250mb External Zip Drive - Purchased and added this little life saver after my 4th or 5th reformat (2 years? after having the system) and after realizing saving things onto my hd was a waste of time.

HSP Micromodem 56k - cheaper than a box of rocks yet the thing just wont die.

250 watt? powersupply that makes weird noises on fullmoon nights - took it apart a few nights ago and cleaned enough hair and dust out of it to keep a small burrowing animal warm in the winter.

SUN brand 13" monitor that's burning out and has a huge brown spot in the very back where the hot air accumulates and slowly melts through the plastic case over time.

SIS530 Chipset

CMEDIA 8338 PCI Soundchip

SIS AGP 8m Graphics Chip

Mtec 56RAM on the verge of death (memory failure and loose DIMM SOCKET contribute to lockups and OS shutdown 5 to 15 times a day) - wiggle the DIMM Socket for best performance prior to bootup or threaten the module with ideas of using it as a boomerang or drink stirrer to keep it in line.[/B]

Wabo-120 3watt? pc speakers Dented in the front from a bad fall and attached to the monitor with velcro strips.

Gateway 2000 Keyyboard assembled circa 1989 taken from an old 386 computer i used to have. Big, bulky and weighs about 10 pounds, but no matter how many times it hits the floor, the thing keeps on working. It's a tank, like one of those old cars! Shift key sticks sometimes.

Computer Case? Who needs a case? I got rid of mine years ago. Gotta have the wires and components easily accessible for daily flicking, adjusting or verbally demoralizing.[/B]

WIN 98 OS

Hope i didn't miss anything!

It's still better than my brand new E-machine!!!

That was too funny!! Thanks for the good laugh!!

hahaha. actually i didn't even read it. but i bet its hillarious. thanks for a good laugh, even tho i didn't read it. i'll get around to it.

Heh. Just wait 'til i get a camera and take a pic of this bad baby. Maybe i'll post it on here before i put it out of it's misery!

Ewww@Emachines. I have yet to see one worthy.

To Yashar: Why bother replying if you haven't read the post?

Haha. How could this thing be any better than another? I didn't know that was possible. My gf had a 200mhz that was running on an old version of WIN NT and even that thing ran ten times better than mine. Seriously... my pc locks up (or BSOD) a minimum of 5 times on a good day (aren't many of those) and about 15 times on a normal day. If you want it... you can check ebay in about 2 weeks when i'll be putting the mainboard and chip on auction for what will probably be a whole 10 or 20 bucks! (Good ridance!)

Nice. I once had an old Dell 200 Mhz pc w/ 32 MB of RAM and NO 3d card, which I also had to verbally demoralize to get working at times. I had this computer until November of 2002 when I got a better one. This old Dell locked up plenty, but not quite as much as yours! Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom