burning divx with nero

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Hey guys, I got a question.

I have a few divx video files (music videos) and I wanted to burn them to a DVD. I have the proper codecs for viewing them on WMP9 and all, but I can't seem to get them to load on Nero in order to burn them. Is there a different (maybe free) utility to burn divx files? I tried to rename the files to .AVI, but that didn't work either. Or wait, is there some kind of divx>mpeg or divx>avi converter software out there?

Thanks,
ohGr

VSO DivxToDVD 2 Guide, All-in-one DVD Converter

DivxToDVD 2 is VSO Software's latest offering. It has the ability to convert multiple file types, including AVI files (DivX or XviD supported), Quicktime files (MOV) , Windows Media Video files (WMV) etc.. to DVD. It produces a VIDEO_TS folder containing your DVD files (.VOB, .BUP and .IFO) and now in this latest version, can burn it directly to DVD. It can convert NTSC to PAL and vice versa, 4:3 or 16:9 output and also has more birate options than previous versions of the software. It has support for manual or automatic chapters, subtitle streams and multiple audio streams also.

Link
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/vso_divxtodvd_2_guide.cfm

Tools used
VSO DivXToDVD

Sections
How to convert to DVD MPEG2
Newbie All-In-One DVD Convert guides

Just a silly quirk in Nero. When I go to make a DVD and I choose "add video files" it only lists files that it knows are compatible, evidently .Divx isn't a compatible file, but when I select "show all files" instead of just "show compatible files" it shows them to me and lets me add them to the DVD. I then burned a good disc, so obviously, Nero doesn't know what's compatible or not.

ohGrFreak said:
Just a silly quirk in Nero. When I go to make a DVD and I choose "add video files" it only lists files that it knows are compatible, evidently .Divx isn't a compatible file, but when I select "show all files" instead of just "show compatible files" it shows them to me and lets me add them to the DVD. I then burned a good disc, so obviously, Nero doesn't know what's compatible or not.

it does. divx is a form of mp4 and nero recognize it as their program encodes to mp4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom