15,000 Rpm Scsi Hdd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I was going to say the same thing as apokalipse.

Buy the time you get done paying for the SCSI & Controller, you're up to abouy $300 for 36.7G.

Instead go with the new 150G SATA raptor for $300. The performance of this drive is right up there with all enterprise SCSI drives including the 15K ones. Plus, you get A LOT more storage for your money. Or, just RAID 0 a pair of 74G raptors.

If you are a gamer and have 5+ games installed on your PC, you can expect that will be close to 15 to 20 gigs of storage right there.

You should this discussion entirely. Read page 2 - 4:
http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl...=1&commentsort=0&mode=nested&startat=75&pid=0

SCSI is for servers, SATA is for desktops.
Ofcourse SCSI will be faster, more reliable, less CPU load and supports more features (with good controller), shorter seek times, higher throughput etc, but you pay waaayy more and get way less disk space. Very overpriced.
Most of these advantages are only useful/required in a server environment.

Who cares if your game takes 20 or 25 seconds to load? It is not worth the price tag.
But if money is not an issue, and you want the absolute best of the best, get SCSI.

But first read some more about it!

HAVOC2k5 said:
If you are a gamer and have 5+ games installed on your PC, you can expect that will be close to 15 to 20 gigs of storage right there.

yeahi only have a 40 gig Hd and only 3 games and i only have 2gb left but i have movies that got from friends on my HD so i dont have to keep the dvd's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom