Temperature Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really just does depend on the program, 3dmark only takes my card up to 57C but BF2 takes me up to 62ishC. Im wondering about Diablo though, are you OC'ing in 2dmode?

Nope no OCs in 2dmode, I think its because diablo 2 does use direct x 5 or 7 so maybe it does count as a 3d application. As for BF2, I'm getting it this weekend so I'll try and hopefully my temps are under 70, or at least not over 76. PZERO have you tried running the artifact scanner on ATI tool and seeing how high temps you get, for some reason that puts a HUGE stress on the system, Im thinking that will take you up to your bf2 temp.

Also I manged to low my temps 4 degrees by opening the window, before my room was about 26 degrees celcius, now its about 20. Ugh this is gonna be one aspect of summer I dont look forward to.

yeah i ran the artifact scanner and after each heat up mode it will go up around 5-10C it started at 40, went up to 50, went up to 55, went up to 67C :eek: i need a VF-700cu!

Hmm well I have a few things I could do to improve heat, here's what I think they are.

1. Case mod my case so that I drill a hole in the backboard so the wires can go through that rather then blocking the airflow.

2. Move my PCI fan cooler to 1 slot up, right now it sits 2 slots below the card as opposed to right under it (wires blocking the way of that PCI slot).

3. Spray some good ol canned air onto the works and clean my room :D.

4. Id rather not do this one, but I could remove the GPU heatsink and apply my OCZ silver paste onto it (I dont have any AS5 ATM, dont wanna spend 15 bucks seeings as I have no income as a student).

If I do decide to do the case mod I'll make a post with pics to get suggestions as to how it should be done.

Ok here is a nubbish question, how do you monitor your temps (my video card temps in particular) when you use a program or run a game to push your components to their limits.

For example I would like to know what temp my 7800gtx vid card gets up to while I play BF2. Any ideas?

Thanx

You could just open your nvidia drivers, open up to the temps section. Run BF2 for an hour and minmize really quick and read the temp lol. Or if you have a secondary monitor, move the temp section box over to the second monitor and you can monitor your temps from the beginning :)

I am afraid im not cool enough to have a second monitor at home however I do have 2 monitors at work :) one of them is a touchscreen too for doing crap with clients.

I guess I could try the quick minimize thing but that seems fairly inaccurate and iffy to me. isn't there any programs that will record temps every so often till you stop it that i could have run while i am in a game?

PZEROFGH said:
You could just open your nvidia drivers, open up to the temps section. Run BF2 for an hour and minmize really quick and read the temp lol. Or if you have a secondary monitor, move the temp section box over to the second monitor and you can monitor your temps from the beginning :)
Um, that's not a good idea. Load temps can drop 5-10 degrees almost instantly, so that's not a good measure of load temps.

The best way to check load temps for your card is to use Rivatuner. It monitors temps and creates a graph. After running a game for a while, check the temp graph and as you hover over with your mouse, it will tell you the temps that occurred while you were playing the game.

Ah yes its nice to get an answer from someone who isn't interested in half-azz work around solutions *coughpzerocough* :p

Thanx idiotec, I will definately do that. It is weird I always hear about rivatuner but I never actually downloaded it. Oh well now here is my chance!! :D

Edit: P.S. your reply loses all its professionalism as soon as I look a little further down and see your sig idiotec :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom