new motherboard --> Black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rico...
I don't think that article proves anything. The p/s he cited in the article isn't even the same p/s he is using. Most posters here have p/s problems because they are 'Under powered", not because they are Antec p/s.
To say that all the p/s that failed were Antec doesn't prove anything....... they all could have been insuffient to handle the system requirements. What other company p/s did he use to test the mobos ? He didn't say did he?
Gregz's p/s only has 15amps. on each rail. Maybe the problem is the current capacity, not because it an Antec.
* I'm not an 'Antec Lover'.......... my p/s works just 'great' on my 'system'......... FWIW......

JKnPA said:
Rico...
I don't think that article proves anything. The p/s he cited in the article isn't even the same p/s he is using. Most posters here have p/s problems because they are 'Under powered", not because they are Antec p/s.
To say that all the p/s that failed were Antec doesn't prove anything....... they all could have been insuffient to handle the system requirements. What other company p/s did he use to test the mobos ? He didn't say did he?
Gregz's p/s only has 15amps. on each rail. Maybe the problem is the current capacity, not because it an Antec.
* I'm not an 'Antec Lover'.......... my p/s works just 'great' on my 'system'......... FWIW......
Okee Dokee!!!

Alrighty i am having a similar problem at work. I am using that abit fatility (Sp?) motherboard. I connect everything up and i get fans, hd activity, led's on, etc......and it stays running with no restarts or error beeps or anything. Even the fan on the graphics card....6600 GT Pci-e....is spinning away, however there is no picture sent to the monitor. I am not sure about what type of PSU it is but i will be sure to look once i get in today. I am going to bring a PSU i have lying around the house and give it a test.

You see guys, im not the only one with this problem! I bought a new motherboard today, and everything is working really well, im pleased with MSI K8N Neo2. Thx for everyones help.

Antec Smartpower 450W same one taht with the A8V-deluxe. SO it was the motherboards fault, either compatibility or broken, but I think the compability.

Found the fix to my problem and it was in the form of the ram. The stick of DDR2 that i was trying to boot with was Pc4200 and the board will not start with anything other then pc3200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom