AGP Speed, Read & Write

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude112

In Runtime
I was finally able to updat emy videocard but when I checked the settings all the AGP settings were off. I've got a ati readon 9800 pro and my mobo supports 8x agp. I take it I should turn it all on and agp speed 8x and keep fastwrite OFF?

Download the new drivers for your card from ATI's web site and install them.

Turn it all on, even the fast write. Fast write basically makes it so the CPU talks directly to your Video card. When you restart your PC ATI's smart guard should run a check to see if everything will run stable with the setting you have selected.

The performance increase from enabling fast writes (as well as sideband addressing) is only negligible; for the most part, you should keep them turned off to ensure greater stability.

I'm unable to turn the AGP Speed, Read & Write on. Every time I turn it on in smartgart options and reboot it's still off when i look in smartgart options. i've looked in the bios and AGP is enabled. I'm using an omega driver. Can anyone help?

omega drivers aren't ati... correct me if im wrong .... go to ati.com and get te bran spankin newest one... i just realised ..i should update mine.......:D

Omega drivers are based on the ati drivers and are practically the same if I'm not mistaken. I use this so that I don't have to have frameserve to get a controle panel. Anyways, I solved my problem. I updated my agp driver before installing the newest driver. What I was suppose to do I guess was install it after. I reinstalled the agp driver and now all the agp stuff is on.

Edit: I was wrong, it was because I updated my BIOS. I had to go back to my old one though because my computer became unstable when playing games. Can anyone help? I have an asus P4S800 mobo with bios version 1009. Version 1010 made it unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom