Dual Core = game probs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitestick said:
have you run memtest 86? if not, do so. let it run at least 3 passes

How long will that take?

and last time i tryed to run memtest it would'nt boot properly, i dont have a floppy drive attatched and i cant figure out how to format folppys under XP so i downloaded the bootable CD version but it kept reseting befor the test came up.

I will re-download and retry it once my replacement HD arrives.

the only solution i have found it setting the affinity of the process to only 1 core.
well that's probably 'the' solution. It is after all a single threaded game, so it could simply be the other core trying to run it and causing weird issues....don't know as I'm not an expert on dual cores and gaming issues such as that.

This is known as processor speed up and slow downs due the cores not knowing when to kick up and when to settle down...you need to install the drivers they got on the AMD site and this will fix that problem right away

I had the same issue at first FYI and recognised the problem almost right away, and yeah I got banned for supposed speed hacking as well :p...I had to upgrade to SP2 though :(

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

Thanks graa i will install that when my HD gets back.

I have seen thoses downloads befor i musnt of taken the time to read them because i thought they were all windows 64-bit drivers.

nitestick said:
ok. wow that might not be a good sign if it reboots before the test starts. how did you create the bootable cd version? as i recall you have to use the program that comes compressed to make an iso and burn that.

I downloaded the CD image and burnt it with either Alcohol %120 or ISO maker.. cant remember. Should i still test my mem even if graa found the solution?

And i would just like to thank you guys, i know i can allways count on one of you to find the problem and help me and others with the solution. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom