Real Player 10.5 Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to have a fixation on cookies but Real Player also requires several cache items to retain its ability to remain signed in.

Of course I have reduced the cache size to 1MB which is the lowest I can get to, but as the cache grows so ealier items
are deleted.

Try it and see.

Yes. I have checked and system does delete temporary cache items and cookies and on a secondary drive which has only IE6 on it, the same problem arises

But the question remains, why does Real.com use a cache and cookie systen to remain signed in on rebooting? I can get no satisfactory answer to this, so I have now discontinued my subscription to SuperPlus (which, in fact, is no great loss)

I personally can't see myself using Real Player. It is slow, spies on you and its generally dependant on that stuff you mention. (cache, cookies, etc).

I personally use WMP and the Nero Player that comes with the new version (7.something) to play anything else WMP does not recognize.

Installing Divx Player on your PC can also add a few codecs to WMP in case you can't get Nero. (I have Divx, since I just recently got the Nero suite)

Both work great, (WMP and Nero) and they never "complain", even if I set Privacy Eraser (another great piece of software) to clean at start up.

So...is there any type of audio or video file that you CAN'T play having both Nero and WMP? (at least speaking of "mainstream" file types - I know there can be some 'specialty' files that neither could play)

Anyways.... just my 2 cents

xcspr

Yes I also use Nero for DVD playing as I do with Windows Media 10 witn nVidia DVD player

But I use the multimedia playng facility of Real Player to view all sorts of TV programs as well as a lot of music which, because I do not live in USA I cannot get from MusicMatch.

Yeah I get ya'..... but I guess WMP has some audio stations too. Have you tried them?

I persoanlly don't use my PC for any kind of "broadcast" or "streaming video or audio". I do have hundreds if not thousands of video and audio files of various types and use some regularly.

I use PCShowBuzz which provides over 1000 TV channels worldwide and uses Real Player as the video player.

I use WMP occasionally too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom