Dual Core or higher single core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Venice and San Diego aren't the only cores that OC. They arent even the best, if you want to OC get a dual core opteron 165.

2. 7800GTX is the second best card out. Its more then good enough.

3. Well M2 will cost a lot im guessing so if you wanna spend the money get one. M2 doesnt mean SLI, There are SLI motherboards for socket 939.

yeah, I know it doesn't mean it's SLI. I wanted to know if it could support SLI.

I've only recently heard of opteron.

Don't fall for the hype M2 is offering what DDR2 that isn't worth spending $50 more in my eyes yet they will be selling them $300-400 more than the rest of their selection.

since u can afford the x2 4400+ and u want to OC
get the opteron 170, not 165 cuz 165 starts at 1.8 gigz, thas low, and 170 is ALMOST the same price as x2 4400 starting at 2gigz. so wit 2 gigz at stock you can oc even further

Very true but why not just OC the 4400+ it uses the same core as the FX series and can be pushed higher with sufficiant cooling.

rgr, thats what ive read and heard here!
but if you gots the cash to throw down for a 4400 i would go for it.. i was just on a budget and opty 165 is awesome for the price.
(l2 cache of 2 x 1mb)+(low cost)=($ for munchies :D)

Nirvana89 said:
1) Since I can't find any Venice or San Diego, would it be wise to OC it? 2) I'm thinking the 7800 GTX...is that good enough for the X2? 3) Motherboard...does everyone agree that I should wait for the m2 and is that SLI?
the X2's are actually based on the Venices and San Diego's
the dual core Opterons are similar to the AMD X2's also
they usually overclock to about 2.6-2.8GHZ, but it also depends on RAM and motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom