Fail Disc W/ 2 drives installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaBoy813

Beta member
I have a p4 2.8 XP Pro, after moving to my new home I turned on the PC to find it not booting up...fail disc on boot up...well after trial and error...come to find out with the 2ed drive unpluged..boots up good...so I took the 2ed drive and installed it on a nother PC...works fine...what gives?
for more info...
main drive is 7200 IDE and the 2ed drive is a 7200 SATA with no OS..just used for storage....:confused:

maybe something to do with the drivers....do you have the ide on cable select or are they mastered?

the IDE is on Select and the SATA has no jumper...but this set up has worked for me for about 2 years....it was just after the move this has all started...:angry:

SATA's are weird sometimes... I solved a somehow similar problem resseting the BIOS. Just in case you want to try if all else fails...

xcspr said:
SATA's are weird sometimes... I solved a somehow similar problem resseting the BIOS. Just in case you want to try if all else fails...

if this don't work try this

turn off computer. unhook your hdd and memory. clear your cmos (take battery out and hold power button for 6-7 second or use the cmos jumper). put the battery back in. turn on comp. without the hdd and ram.

it won't load. it should beep a few times. turn it off and on again (repeat the process). now turn it off and hook te hdd and ram back up. turn it on.

this clear everything. these days sometimes errors are left in the memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom