help with user acounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Leviathan

Baseband Member
Hey!
i was wondering if there was a way to seperate two user accounts that are both admin. accounts so that they wont share software that is loaded on to the computer.

(example):My internet conection is over at my Grandparents so when i go online and download a program then i load it on my user acount its loads it on to hi s account too. i figured the reason is since we are both administrators the OS is just going to load every thing onto both acounts...

is there a way to amke sure that when i load a program that it is only loaded onto ny user acconount without having to put in a nother partition??

please any comments are welcome
(if anyofhtis dosent make any sense SAY SO i want to know just how big of an idiot i really am):p

hmmm and there is no way possible of locking two spperat admin accounts from eachother??
what bout a third party software....?

try setting your files and folders to private, download something and then go to another account and see if you see it

evenif i did that...
eg. my doc.
my music

if i do that to the hard drive...then other user have no accsess to thier files at least the ones that are on the hard drive..........right????

after right clicking on the hard drive icon and choosing shering the radio button for "not shareing this file" is blanked out......???:(
am i doing it wrong??

Sharing of files and folders can be managed in two ways. If you chose simplified file sharing, your folders can be shared with everyone on your network or workgroup, or you can make your folders private. (This is how folders are shared in Windows 2000.) However, in Windows XP Professional, you can also set folder permissions for specific users or groups. To do this, you must first change the default setting, which is simple file sharing. To change this setting, follow these steps:
•Open Control Panel, click Tools, and then click Folder Options.
•Click the View tab, and scroll to the bottom of the Advanced Settings list.
•Clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box.
•To manage folder permissions, browse to the folder in Windows Explorer, right–click the folder, and then click Properties. Click the Security tab, and assign permissions, such as Full Control, Modify, Read, and/or Write, to specific users.

You can set file and folder permissions only on drives formatted to use NTFS, and you must be the owner or have been granted permission to do so by the owner.

Make your Folders Private

•Open My Computer
•Double-click the drive where Windows is installed (usually drive (C:), unless you have more than one drive on your computer).
•If the contents of the drive are hidden, under System Tasks, click Show the contents of this drive.
•Double-click the Documents and Settings folder.
•Double-click your user folder.
•Right-click any folder in your user profile, and then click Properties.
•On the Sharing tab, select the Make this folder private so that only I have access to it check box.

Note

•To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.
•This option is only available for folders included in your user profile. Folders in your user profile include My Documents and its subfolders, Desktop, Start Menu, Cookies, and Favorites. If you do not make these folders private, they are available to everyone who uses your computer.
•When you make a folder private, all of its subfolders are private as well. For example, when you make My Documents private, you also make My Music and My Pictures private. When you share a folder, you also share all of its subfolders unless you make them private.
•You cannot make your folders private if your drive is not formatted as NTFS For information about converting your drive to NTFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom