Rate my new build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiGHTMaRe89

In Runtime
ok, after many hours trying to decide on what to get this is what im finally sticking with...

DFI nF4 Ultra-D
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
eVGA GeForce 6800 (going to OC)
Seagate 250GB (sata)
Corsair XMS 512MB x2 (pc3200)

Antec Super Lanboy
Fortron 450w

accessories:
Antec 120 mm fans
Zalman CPU fan/heatsink
Logitech wireless kb/m

That looks like a good build to me. I assume that's the best that'd fit in your budget?

yea...i mean i would get the 7800gt, but then again, direct x10 is coming out in a few months so, i might as well wait for the new batch of cards to come out that support it. as for the cpu, wait till the new line of sockets come out and the 939's go down in price...maybe get a FX in a year or so

That's why I didn't RMA my 6800 GS I'm going to use in my new build for a 7800 GT. I was torn between doing it or not, but decided not to. I can save money and buy a 7900 or better in the later future :).

About a year from now, dual core CPUs will most likely be much more useful and popular than they are now. More and more games are going to be developed in the near future that take advantage of dual core processors.

yea, you do have a point there about the dual cores...my friend was telling me to get the x2's, but its just retarded...it's not worth it right now

Sure it's worth it. Dual core processors can be fully utilized with a select few games at the moment and many more soon to come. Even with games that don't support dual core processing, one core can be devoted to the game while the other works with any other processes in the background. A better single core processor, like the FX series, wouldn't have a dramatic effect (a minor one at best) in gaming at the moment, so I'd say it's definetly worth it to invest in a dual core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom