More Ram = Less Overclock???

Status
Not open for further replies.

will h4x 4 food

Daemon Poster
i just got my other gig of ram today(Ocz performance) and i installed it and used the same stable oc settings i had im my bios but when i got to windows my screen kept going black ever 30 sec or so. i have 4 512 sticks. then i put everything to stock and now its fine. does 2 gigs effect my oc?

With 4x512 you have to run the RAM in 2T. Also, not all RAM is exactly the same, even if you get the same model.

ooo so i disable the CPC(?) in my BIOS? Everytimes i open a game like BF2 it freezes every 10 seconds and everything is flashing. i know its not my vid card cause it works fine on stock or if i set it to 240*10(2.4ghz) with a 5/6 divider on the ram.

and how do i set the ram to 2T? i dont think thats it either cause i set all the timings to default. and now it doesnt work on any oc.

sorry for the triple post but i really need help on this, i updated my BIOS and still have a problem. please....any1?

EDIT

fixed it...i had to put every single option in the dram section to "auto"...definetly not gonna screw around with the timings for now.

EDIT AGAIN!

well now its showing up when i play videos in mozilla. my screen goes black for a second then comes back on. i reinstalled drivers, cleaned them out and everything. AHH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom