Help !!! Buying new computer to match new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

DONK2GLORY

Solid State Member
HELP !!! Buying a new computer to match my new video card

Hi,

I recently bought a video card, and being a noob didnt realize it did not match my motherboard.....all in all i want to buy a new desktop...and was wondering if anyone could help me out........

I have a XFX Geoforce 128mb DDR3 Dual dvi video card and was looking at these computers below, If anyone can help me out and let me know if any of these computers are compatible with my video card, or let me know which motherboards are compatible with the video card I bought, I would greatly appreciate it.
(Basically goto www.tigerdirect.com and click on desktops
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=6

Also, I did try to email that site about 20 times..over the course of 1 month and have failed to get any response for help on this issue :|

Here is a link of the video card i bought..i beleive the model is from Nvidia

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1118390&CatId=1559

Thank You,
-Noob

the link listed above does not work. :(

Also the statement "a XFX Geoforce 128mb DDR3 Dual dvi video card" doesn't mean much to me. specify if you have an AGP card or a PCI-Express please... :)

this is what i see also on desciption, if it helps any. Once again reallly appreciate the help.

Great Price!
XFX GeForce 6600 GT Video Card
Supercharge your gaming with the power of an NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GPU. The NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6600 GPUs deliver best-in-class performance and advanced visual effects for next-generation games. The only GPU in its class with support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 and with support for PCI Express, the GeForce 6600 delivers ultra-realistic effects, unmatched features, and rock-solid stability so you can play your game the way it’s meant to be played.

this is what i see also on desciption, if it helps any. Once again reallly appreciate the help.

Great Price!
XFX GeForce 6600 GT Video Card
Supercharge your gaming with the power of an NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GPU. The NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6600 GPUs deliver best-in-class performance and advanced visual effects for next-generation games. The only GPU in its class with support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 and with support for PCI Express, the GeForce 6600 delivers ultra-realistic effects, unmatched features, and rock-solid stability so you can play your game the way it’s meant to be played.

when you're buying a computer, you have to look into the expansion slots. Look for PCI express x16. If it's there, then you're good to go. If not, it isn't compatible.

Ryan

your gpu is pci-e compatible, so your mother board will have to have a pci-e slot. are you planning on getting a intel cpu or a amd cpu? that will also affect which mobo you want to get.

Thanks very much man, on the detailed specs on this computer, it says this

PCI Express X16 Slots (Total) 1

PCI Express X16 Slots (Available )1

What does total mean and what does available mean ?..

Your video Card is the 6600GT PCIE. So when looking for a mobo the one you have listed above would work. When it says PCIeTotal and PCIex16 1 available that means there are no other types of PCIe slots on the board. YOu will still have PCI slots but not PCIE.

Hopefully this definitions will be helpful in your understanding what Total and available mean.
As provided by dictionary.com
Total: 1. An amount obtained by addition; a sum.
2. A whole quantity; an entirety.

Available: 1. Present and ready for use; at hand; accessible: kept a fire extinguisher available at all times.
2. Capable of being gotten; obtainable: a bedspread available in three colors.
3. Qualified and willing to be of service or assistance: a list of available candidates; was not available for comment.
1. Chemistry. Capable of being used in a chemical reaction: available electrons.
2. Botany. Present, as in soil, and capable of being used by plants as a nutrient: available water; available minerals.
5. Archaic.
1. Capable of bringing about a beneficial result or effect.
2. Law. Valid. Used especially of a plea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom