applying gel

Status
Not open for further replies.
even though they both weigh a lot... that typhoon makes me nervous. It has a lot more leverage than the zallman does. All the weight is out on the end. Whereas on the zallman, all of the weight is right up next to the heat spreader. Mechanical advantage is a powerful thing...

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
even though they both weigh a lot... that typhoon makes me nervous. It has a lot more leverage than the zallman does. All the weight is out on the end. Whereas on the zallman, all of the weight is right up next to the heat spreader. Mechanical advantage is a powerful thing...

Ryan

yea i see what you mean.. also since my pc is a tower..that typhoon would be constantly pulling down. if my mobo was laying flat and the wieght of that heatsink was pushing down on it.. i wouldnt mind

It has been tested extensively and there are tons of reviews that let you know what people think. From my personal experience with a big fat tower server case it really doesn't seem to be harming my MOBO in any way. Just tighten it on well and I love the thing. It may be huge but man its cooling is GREAT and you wouldn't believe how quiet it is. I can't even hear the thing, too bad all my other fans weren't like that :(

Actually all my fans are noise considerate but when you have 2 in front, 2 in back 1 on the side, the heatsink fan, the gpu fan, and the chipset fan things start to get loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom