need a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
well I had a problem with my video cards heat sink blocking my last PCI slot and I contacted IBUYPOWER and they said to buy a new video card. So I guess I have to get a new card that doesn't have a heat sink on the bottom of other wise I will have the same problem. Anyone know where I could get a good Cheap card. Right now I have a PCI express 6600 thanks or do you think. I could do something about the heat sink on the bottom of the card I have right now?

you could buy a smaller GPU heatsink which would be cheaper than getting a new card, is the issue that the card won't go in or that you want to put something in the PCI slot, if it's the PCI slot one, there is probably another way around the issue. 6800gs sounds good.

ok i will try my best to tell you my problem. I was going to buy a sound card and when I looked at my computer before I bought the card I seen that my PCI slot(where the sound card would go) is being blocked my the heat sink for my vido card that is right above it. that is the only problem that I have is that part of the heat sink comes down over the PCI slot thats it. So how do i take the heat sink off to put a smaller one on it? Do you have any suggestions on a good but small heat sink that I could replace it with thanks for the help

I will try to find out what it is but does anyone know were I could get a good but small heat sink for my 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom