New nvidia cards? Smart or dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went with a 6600gt and plan on upgrading a little after the 7900 comes out.
a 6600 should be enough to run most games just fine, especially when comparing the prices, im waiten to drop that kind of money when the 7900 comes out :D

yeah tyler i think its 3 months. i'm planning to do the same thing, i got my card in january, so i'm hopin the g7900 will be out by march.

One thing I know about EVGA's Step-Up Program is that the cost of their GPUs on their site are ridiculously high when compared to the same products on Newegg, etc. It somewhat ruins the purpose of the step-up when buying a 7800 GT from them costs ~$400 compared to Newegg's $275. You could sell your current card and buy a new one from Newegg or another company and probably save money. I haven't compared with all their products, but the difference between the 7800 GTs is insane.

I want to thank you all very much for your replies. I will definetly be waiting for the 7900. So which 6600 GT shsould I look at buying?

Save a few more bucks. Get what I have. Asus X700. It runs the games fine. More than good enough for a temporary card. Because as you can see, it's my main card.

Ryan

from evga's website

"Q: How does the Step-Up™ Program work?
A: Anytime with in the first 90 days after your original date of purchase you can step up your video card to a new card graphics card from our website at http://evga.com/products/ of greater value.
"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom