Computer worked for five minutes and then died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to hook the psu up to a different pc with no success. I used the 24 pin to 20 pin connector and nothing happened.

There is one other issue that it could be, I had a similar issue but I was fairly confident that it wasn't my PSU, or my MOBO that was my problem. It turned out that the heatsink that I installed (Thermaltake Big Typhoon) was grounding me out. Everything worked perfectly as soon as I fixed the grounding issue. Also with my Mobo I had to have 4 power connector things plugged in for my system to work not just the normal 2.

Anyay I would still probably agree with the common thought here that your PSU is a crapper and u need to toss it and get a new one.

When the computer shut off i smelled no burning smells and saw no smoke. Supposedly my motherboard has safety features that ensure nothing shorts. I think either my psu busted or my cpu is installed wrong without damage. The worst that will likely happen is me having to replace the psu. I hope so, anyway. At 3:00 p.m. USA eastern time i am having a tech come over and examine it. I just hope he can solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom