Computer shuts down when d/l torrents

Status
Not open for further replies.

straightv6

Not A Super Techie
I'm using a hp pavilion laptop with windows xp.

After about 10 minutes of downloading a torrent the computer will lock up, flash a BSOD and then restart. I've tried using two different programs, bittorrent and ABC, but both of them do the same thing.

I also thought the laptop was overheating so i bought a laptop cooling pad but that didn't solve the problem even though it does a good job.

Any ideas?

I can't read the error because it restarts right after. Is there a place i can look it up after it reboots?

Here is the BSOD I get.
bsodtorrent.jpg

When I see computers with errors such as 'memory dumps', I usually give it a re-install. Im not too sure if that sort of thing can be fixed. But wait around for other guys opinions, they may have a better understand of this problem.

zildjianchris said:
When I see computers with errors such as 'memory dumps', I usually give it a re-install. Im not too sure if that sort of thing can be fixed. But wait around for other guys opinions, they may have a better understand of this problem.
Re-installing isn't a solution to me...
Just another reason why using windows kind of sucks.

I think I may have fixed my problem. The drivers that windows installs may have been causing the problem. I downloaded the manufacturers drivers but couldn't install them until I removed two files from c:\windows\inf and uninstalled the NIC. After that I was able to install the manufacturer's drivers and they seem to have solved the problem even though they aren't MS Certified.

Thanks for everyone's help.

zildjianchris said:

you hit it. that is a software error. you can try to fix it or reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom