problem with having 2 hdd's

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4u

Daemon Poster
i have a new one and a old on.. i just put xp on the new one, and my old one still has 2000... when i plug in only the new one it boots fine to windows xp.. but when i plug both in, it doesn't boot.. when i go into my bios, and select to boot the new one, it says it doesn't have a os... wuts up wit this?

Sounds like they may both be set to Master for its switches on the back of the drive. Be sure you have the new one with XP set to master and the old one set to slave.

still not working... i formated my old one with the xp disk and shut off right before the install but still nothing, i made sure that the master prime was 1 and master slave ans 2.. but all i get is the dumb black screen with the blinking line...

i need to fix this as soon as possible cause my new hdd is only 9 gigs and thats not going to last me.....

2fast4u said:
still not working... i formated my old one with the xp disk and shut off right before the install but still nothing, i made sure that the master prime was 1 and master slave ans 2.. but all i get is the dumb black screen with the blinking line...

so you can boot to xp but not 2000 so you formatted 2000 so now there is nothing on it correct? set xp as master and formatted hdd as slave.

i formated the 2000 hdd so i can use that just for pure data but it wont boot up and i have the 9gig which has my os on set to master and the other to slave but it has that blank screen wit that blinking line

Sorry if this sounds very ignorant but if you formatted the partition there is no OS or bootmanager on the Harddrive to load up...

In BIOS you must change the HD boot order in the extended options of the boot order for your devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom