Computer setup problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawizhacker

Daemon Poster
Hi people, i have recently sold my good rig for some really needed cash, now i have bought some other parts:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2 Ghz Processor Socket 939
DFI LANPARTY UT nf4 Ultra-D x2 NEW
New Antec SmartPower 2.0 500 watt ATX 12V Power Supply
NEW SAMSUNG 1GB PC 3200 DDR 400Mhz 184PIN 1 GB
eVGA 6600gt pci 16x video card 128mb Nvidia 6600 gt
Some old ASUS CASE
Western Digital 120GB Hard Drive
Some dvd-r
ZALMAN Cooling Fan with Copper Heatsink

As far as i know, i have placed all the parts together correctly... at least i hope so...MY problem is...

1)The fan shutts off and on every once in a while.
2) CPU temp is 25C-28C
3) When i yurn on the computer, it works normal till windows loads up... the stuff in bottom right loads only half of the stuff... then i become so laggy that i can't even start any programs...like i can surve around no roblem, but no programs run...no internet, no games, not even my computer loads up... i need to know what i did wrong?

I have so far installed: A burrowed* but operational version of windows XP sp1 or sp2, I have installed, 3dmark05 (but it didn't run caz of the stalling), also i have installed the correct version the video drivers, I have also transfered some big files from my other harddrive... BF2.iso, Cossacks, mostly games... Also i have installed zone alarm pro.

NONE OF MY HARDWARE IS OC'D!!!

What is the problem plz reply...

OPs, i have just realized that there is a hardware trouble shooting forum... should this be there?

I will move it for you, just try and be a bit patient next time ;)

Your fans most likely shut off because your temperature reaches a threshold at which point your BIOS kicks in and decides your temperatures are cool enough that you don't need to fans blowing...you can change this setting in your BIOS through I believe the PC diagnostics menu

I don't see what the problem with the CPU temperature is at all...25-28C is fine regardless of idle or load since I can tell you that's not going to exceed 50C under load

Go to start and run and enter msconfig where you should uncheck any unneeded services you have starting up when windows initializes as that should increase your boot time

Thx man, I fixed problem # 1 and 2. Buy mt comp is still freezing up after it starts up in the beggining. I set my video card Frequince at 75Ghz is that to much? it was originally at 60.

After shool, i will post some pics of my new system... the you can tell me if i hooked it up wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom