xp service pack 2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could very well be a problem if Microsoft has blacklisted it :) You are only supposed to use it on one machine. Did you activiate on both machines? Or how did you approach that?

Yep pretty much thats it..you now have a XP install CD with SP2 built right into it so when you do either a fresh install or a repair on an OS with the CD it will have SP2 already installed once you boot it back up.

Win2kpatcher said:
It could very well be a problem if Microsoft has blacklisted it :) You are only supposed to use it on one machine. Did you activiate on both machines? Or how did you approach that?

Yep pretty much thats it..you now have a XP install CD with SP2 built right into it so when you do either a fresh install or a repair on an OS with the CD it will have SP2 already installed once you boot it back up.

i had xp on my dell and when i got my new computer, i used my backup xp cd to install xp.

so if i put the sp2 on the cd and install it, will i still get the access denied message or will it install without a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom