Vid Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhann

Beta member
(Sorry I posted this in the wrong place)

Ok I have a radeon 9600pro. It was acting strange on me. The fan on the card sounded like it was about ready to die.

It happen to me on my older ATI card which was over a year old but this is different cause after I took it out (9600pro) and dusted off the fan which it was kinda dusty. So I put it back in and it works fine. It dosnt seem to be to warm and it sounds like it is running fine. Could my monitor have anything to do with? I say that cause when I play games like higher quality ones the screen will lose some color after awhile making it look more darker. Could it be giving it some type of electric feedback, back to my video card? Heard anything like that or could it be somethin else?
Its a 15'' LCD Proview flatscreen almost two years old. And the color only changes when I play games, like its overheating or something. Im not sure why it does it.

I havnt OC the video card. It should still be set at the default settings.

Try to reinstall the drivers for the card, or DL updated ones from radeons website. This does not sound like a monitor problem, but it does sound like a video card problem. But there is always the chance of it being a monitor problem, especially it being an LCD. They are not the best for gaming, you should go with a CRT for gamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom