x1900xt or 2 7800gt's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
Hey what is better x1900xt or 2 7800gt's in sli

plus i know there are better configurations out there, so please dont tell me about the 700gtx or x1900xtx, becasue I already know.

I need to know which is better, a x1900xt or 2 7800gt's in sli... I just want to know which of these 2 configurations are better?

....lol im repetitive

i would get the x1900xt on the fact its just hard launched and very available, its better than a gtx 512 in most games and since the gtx 512 is better than two 7800 gts well you see my point right?

x1900xt >7800 gtx 512 > 7800 gt's

here is my reference
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2679&p=1

btw way i am no ati fan boy i am running too shitty of a system to be a fanboy i posted because of what i read of benchmarks i can careless who has the best card out.

2 7800GTX 512's in SLI are much faster than a single X1900XTX.

I've only seen one benchmark, and the X1900XTX wasn't that far ahead of a single 7800GTX 512, so if you have 2 7800GTX 512's...... You get the point.

2 7800GTX 512's in SLI is the fastest configuration availible. no single card can compete.

Hey what is better x1900xt or 2 7800gt's in sli

if they were the same price i would go with 2 7800GT in sli

because x1900xt is not much better than 7800GTX 512, and in some games like black & white or quake4 the 7800GTx 512 beats the x1900xt and even beats x1900xtx, here some performance charts http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2679&p=8

and since 2 7800gt beats 7800gtx 512 by 10-15%, it means that it will beat x1900xt in most games.

The key right now to the X1900XT/X vs. All current NVIDIA cards is this: ATI supports HDR & AA, NVIDIA doesn't, you can either use HDR or AA, but not both.

well looking at the above benchmarks, I think Im gona buy the x1900xt for my new pc instead of dual 7800gt's in sli plus it would be cheaper too. Ive always been an nvidia person, but I think Im gona flex and go ati, i mean.. **** those benchmarks on the x1900xt are pretty sweet!

I got carried away and sort of made a rant, so bear with me.

HAVOC2k5 said:
The key right now to the X1900XT/X vs. All current NVIDIA cards is this: ATI supports HDR & AA, NVIDIA doesn't, you can either use HDR or AA, but not both.

ThatÂ’s not entirely true; Lost Coast is a good argument for this. AA with HDR IMO is more dependent on the game. With most games that support HDR, the performance would be too low to use AA in conjunction with HDR (with the exception of HL2).

However, I see what youÂ’re saying, and you do have a point: current Nvidia hardware cannot do HDR+AA through the drivers. The X1900XTX is a fantastic card. If I was buying a high end system it would be a difficult decision over which to spend my money on: X1900XTX or 7800GTX 512. Personally, I would go with the 7800GTX because ATI drivers are terrible. New Catalyst drivers aren't released as often as they should, and the ones that are released have many bugs in them. Currently, the only bug that IÂ’m aware of as far as ATI drivers are concerned is the Quake 4 issue. ATI X1000 cards cannot run Quake 4 in Ultra quality. While the game is loading, the game promptly crashes to desktop, thus forcing the user to play Quake 4 in HQ instead of UQ. Nvidia cards have no problems with Quake 4.

My impressions on SLI vs. Crossfire go like this:

If I were to use 2 videocards in my system, Crossfire wouldn't even register as a choice. Crossfire Master Cards hardly exist and even if I did found one, IÂ’d soon realize that Crossfire is immature. Crossfire is relatively new, so it has lots of kinks and bugs. SLI has been out for well over a year now and has pretty much been perfected. There are SLI profiles for hundreds of games, it has better refresh rate and multiple monitor support, itÂ’s generally faster than crossfire, and above all- I don't have to go hunting in the Congo to find a Master card for it. I can just go to Circuit City and buy another card of the same specs, shove it in, and it will work.

I like that ATI is making new hardware, and I really like how ATI hard launched the X1900 like Nvidia had with the 7 series cards and the 6800GS. ATI just needs to get their buts in gear and release Crossfire Edition cards along with regular driver updates.

The benchmarks I saw showed the single x1900xt out performing a 512 7800gtx, but the 2 x1900xt in crossfire mode performed behind the 512 7800gtx in SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom