Problems with everything usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza

In Runtime
hi guys, this is my first post on here, i didnt want it to be a question, but i really need your help.

ok, my computer wont install anything usb, webcam, bluetooth dongle, kvm switch. it recognizes them, does the whole add new harware thing, it connects to windows update, starts downloading and the stops with a error-> the data is invalid. this happens with anything usb i plug into it, main mobo ports, front ports, and pci usb card. this is really getting on my nerves as i really need the kvm swith working. i know its not the devices that are the problem because they install and work fine on another computer.

the computer has the latest updates(as far as i am aware) i have tried everything. ive gone into device manager, found the usb things, they all have yellow ! marks next to them, ive tried then installing the drivers, and it gives me the data is invalid error.

im thinking that maybe the motherboard usb drivers could be at fault? so i tried updating those and it still dosent work!!

any ideas?

I know this sounds like a stupid fix or question....But you did make sure that you are using USB 2.0 ports?

ive gone into bios, checked, and is is all ok. they are enabled and they are usb2.0 i think it might be a windows error, because they recognize things when they are plugged in, but windows add new hardware wont download the drivers.

what do you think?

edit. could it be that my mobo is dying?

Microsoft sucks so just reformat.

I have windows xp but its not registered with a key so I have to format every 30 days and I'm glad cause I'm not giving microsoft any money for there crappy windows!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom