Status
Not open for further replies.

Naqvi

Solid State Member
After scanning from Zero Knowledge Spyware detector provided following report:
AVSDK Version 4.92.7
PPSDK Version 5.6.1
Key hkey_current_user\software/installAdclicker 1.0
Later I failed to install XP Prof,SP2 several times,even now I don't have access to use ME.I am getting the same error error after Restarting/rerunning XP CD.XP did'nt move beyond "Preparing Installation "
Fatal error:
An error has encountered that prevents Setup from continuing.
One of components that windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.
Data Error(Cyclic Redundundancy Check)
If u r installing from a CD,there might be a problem with the disc;try cleaning it or using another disc.
STOP:c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

If its a virus on the hard-drive, you should be able to format your h/d at the beginning of the installation. Other then that, the cd might be broken :).

System Set-up Log

Setup Error Log
Error:
SXS.DLL:Syntax error in manifest or policy file "D:\I386\asms\windows\common\controls.man" on line 5.

Error:
Installation Failed: D:\I386\asms. Error Message: Data error (Cyclic Redundancy Check).

Fatal Error:
One of components that windows needs to continue setup could notbe installed

Data error (Cyclic Redundancy Check).

If u r installing from a CD,there might be a problem with the disc;try cleaning the disc or using another disc.

If u r installing from network====

I have booted it from CD prior to start of system,I kept CD in tray.Getting this error several times:
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

Yeah might be hard drive.Reformat the HDD than that should solve your virus problem and if that doesnt work just get a new HDD.

IDE Primary & Secondary Slave PIO

Let me check,not sure how to access there!
Yes,IDE Drives Setup---shows:
IDE Primary Slave PIO : Auto
IDE Secondary Slave PIO: Auto

Moreover,I founf following info from:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314474

SYMPTOMS
You may receive any one of the following Stop error messages:
STOP: C0000221 unknown hard error
Path\File_name
STOP: 0xC0000221 unknown hard error
C:\Winnt\System32\Ntdll.dll (or another specific file or driver)
STOP: 0xC0000221 STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH
Path\File_name
For additional symptom details, see the “More Information” section.
CAUSE
This problem may occur if the file that is described in the error message is corrupted. The following files are checked for integrity when Microsoft Windows XP starts: • All driver files (except those that are loaded by the system loader to start. the computer)
• All dynamic-link libraries (DLLs), including User, Graphics Device Interface (GDI), Shell, Kernel, Ntdll, Crtdll, and others.
This problem may occur if you install an inappropriate driver for your hardware. For example, you receive one of the error messages that are described in the "Summary" section if you install a millions of instructions per second (MIPS) driver on an X86-based computer.

This problem may occur if an Iomega Zip drive is on the same integrated device electronics (IDE) cable as the hard disk drive.

The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, obtain a new copy of the corrupted file or reinstall Windows XP. If you continue to receive any one of the error messages that are described in the "Summary" section after you reinstall Windows XP, a hardware problem or a network problem may exist.

Can't log on as XP asking password!

I set only 2 users name,there was nothing about setting password,it's wonder windows unable to log on and asked password.
Can anyone help?I rebooted computer with XP cd/Broadband CD inside with Ethernet cable connected to cable modem,but CPU is not yet linked obviously windows not moving to logon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom