Which of these graphics cards? (Nvidia Geforce7800GT) also:suggestios on AMDprocessor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Nick

In Runtime
Hi Everybody,
I'm in the process of gradually upgrading my computer to be able to play games like BF2 and such.
I think i've setteled on the DFI LanParty UT nF4-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard for a Motherboard (open to suggestions;) ) and totally unsure on CPU but i'm going between these 2 Graphics cards. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814127190,N82E16814130247&SubCategory=48 After rebates they're $4 apart in price so it's basicly down to specs but i'm not sure.:confused: It looks like the evga one is the one to go with but I wan'ted to ask around to the people who really know they're way around in this stuff.;)

Also, any input on Mobo or CPU appreiciated

Go with the evga it 45/70 mhz faster ... I own it and it has never failed to play any game on max settings.

Awesome mobo. Go with the eVGA it faster and its a eVGA (thats all that matters :p). Since your going with a DFI, im assuming you want to overclock in the future. I would then go with an opteron (buy one off ebay with a good stepping becuase the warranty is void if an opty is used on a DFI). You could also try a 3700+ but those are abit more dependant on luck for a good OCer.

Go with the eVGA, they have a good warranty and a step-up program.

Also, get a 3700+ instead of a 3500+ because 3700+ has an 1MB L2 cache as opposed to a 512MB L2 cache.

OK, i've decided on the graphics card (evga) and am pretty confiden't on the Mobo.

As of right now, i 1) don't know how to overclock and 2) don't have the ram to overclock so in the near future i don't intend to be overclocking.

Also, i'd like to put price as a large factor in the CPU so i'd like to get as much "bang for my buck" without sacrificing too much preformance.

Thanks for all the input so far!:)

Here is a nice overview of overclocking your CPU: http://www.basichardware.com/overclocking.html
When looking for RAM ValueRAM is hardly overclockable, so don't get the lowest on the RAM if you want it to overclock really well. Find some G. Skill or OCZ.

As far as a processor goes, if you want to "future-proof" your comp, then fork out some cash for a dual core CPU. As those become more and more utilized you'll get your "get you money back".

i was thinking of gettin the san diego at first too, but i went dual core...
that cpu should be great though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom