Computer worked for five minutes and then died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I put my pc together, i booted it, the bios screen came up ok, and then i tried installing windows. Well, the computer turned off in the middle and now it won't boot... What could be the problem? Am i majorly screwed?

it could be a number of things.. But most likely it is a stupid/careless mistake on your part.

So no most likely your not screwed.

it happen to me too, could be your cpu, mine would shut off then i realized myt cpu was overheating, find a way to make your cpu cooler leave off the side of your case, take the mobo battery out for like 5 mins or so then put it back in check the plugs on your mobo that connect the power switch, and then try it from their

So, i left it off for a while, and it will still not boot. In the bios the processor was only at like, 38 degrees. I have a switch on my psu, and when i flick it the psu does not start. I smelled no smoke or anything, so....

ok try this....

Take your PSU out. Take a paperclip and hook it up to the green wire port on the mobo power connector to any black wire port on the same connector.

Hook up some fans and some other stuff. Plug it in, and flip the switch, it it does not power anything, your PSU is dead. If it does work, your mobo could be dead or shorting out on something.

Hmmm, i don't think i can easily do the above. Isn't the fact that the psu won't turn on when the switch is flicked indicator enough that it is broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom