Solid State Member
I have just recently put together a computer that consist of:

AMD Athlon 64 3700 running at 2.2ghz can be OC'ed to 2.6ghz
Bio Star MB TForce 6100 - 939
MSI Nvidia Geforce 6800GS 256mb ram OC'ed 3d clock 425mhz
2 sticks of Corsair XMS pc 3200 1GB ram
MAXTOR 6v320f0 320 gb hd ATA
HERES A GENERATED SYSTEM TEST AND BENCHMARK

Now if you run any type of 3d FPS test it get a really low rating, and sometimes the computer tends to stall when loading files once in awhile. Games run decent on medium, but laggy on high, When ever i work on a large file in photoshop and wat to do a filter that takes up alot of ram it tells me it has insufficient memory at least 6x before it will finnaly do it, (knowing that there is enough memory to complete the task.). Any one have any Ideas on what could be causing my system to slow down so much. If you ask I have a more detailed report from AIDA32. I have done a mcafee virus scan, and I have ran hitmanpro 2, (which runs about 5 different sspyware scanners and a cws scanner.)

That's strange. That card, even though it only has 12 pipelines, when OC'd, is running at or above 6800 ultra speeds: 5760 on 3dMark5. I would look closely ar the GPU core temp. on that card. The reported oc'd core temp on that card ran around 62 degrees C. You may have a bad card.

Did you look to make sure the mb manufacturer didn't release a 64bit processing driver?

BTW, I know one of the people that made hitman, it's pretty sweet ;)

Yeah I donated like 50$ to them it is sweet, best spyware prog ever. Your right i havent checked for 64bit mb drivers, hmmmm, ill get back to u if i find them or not. THANX:) -btw do u think i need 600watts instead of 500watts, could that be an issue, I have 5 fans with led lights, and a pretty big cpufan.

RicoDirenzo said:
That's strange. That card, even though it only has 12 pipelines, when OC'd, is running at or above 6800 ultra speeds: 5760 on 3dMark5. I would look closely ar the GPU core temp. on that card. The reported oc'd core temp on that card ran around 62 degrees C. You may have a bad card.

This card is the ultra oc'ed, its just renamed gs by msi i actually got benchmarked at 8820 on 3dmark6, which was hard to believe for how shitty its running. My card is presently running at 42c. I hope its not a bad card.

Not the ultra oc'd. It is a different architecture and has only 12 pipelines instead of 16 in the 6800 ultra. The the speed similariites come from the increased GPU core clock speeds amoung other things.

RicoDirenzo said:
Not the ultra oc'd. It is a different architecture and has only 12 pipelines instead of 16 in the 6800 ultra. The the speed similariites come from the increased GPU core clock speeds amoung other things.

Hmmmm, where do u see this at, I was almost sure it had 16- This is crappy if it dosnt, I downgraded then. I had an ATI Radeon x800 pro on agp 8x, ARG!!!

Now my computer randomly turns off, I checked if I have enough power, which i should. I made sure notthing is getting to hot, and it isnt, I just removed Back orofice and moonpie, which really bothers me since there trojans, and im very carefull about installing things on my computers, but the comp still randomly shuts off once in awhile. I mean it happens once or twice a day. Its not super repetative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom