80GB hard drive only sees 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikillyou61

Banned
Is there a way to fix it without formatting the hard drive? I know how to fix it formatting the hard drive. But I don't want to lose my sisters data cause its her pc thats screwed up!!!

1000+ post

:confused:

hmmm... can you put the hard drive into another computer as secondary and back up all her files, then do a format...

Ok, so her computer is messed up and you're trying to fix it. Then when someone recommends something, you said because "she will no that I messed with her hard drive"? This isn't making any sense at all. Why would it matter if you messed with her hard drive if you're trying to fix it? Is it possible you're trying to do something malicious that you're not telling us? If not, please make more sense.

Lol..........he has been a naughty boy. There is no substitute for the truth. Tell your sister what you did and then we can help you fix the problem. Please, however, post the pictures of her beating the snot out of you as payment for the advise!!! :)

what are you guys talking about she wants all of her stuff on her hard drive but she doesn't want me to back it up or anything.

Well she needs to make a decision, either lose the data and ***** and moan for a while or back up the data and say thank you....lol

I think when something like this happens it's because the bios is out dated and will only recognize a set amount of drive space. Try updating the bios.

No upgrading the bios didn't work cause I have the same problem with my computer now I have a 300gb hard drive and it only reads 30gb!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom