Weird message coming on during BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if i unplug those devices while its turned off and i grounded myself, wont i have issues booting back up since it wont detect those? just kidna want to make sure before i Screw things up

You are unplugging the UNNECISARY stuff.

If you have two disk drives, unplug the one w/o bf2 in it. Unplug EVERY fan but the CPU fan. Unplug the HD you don't need if you have one. Only things you dont need. Unfortunately, the main power sucker, the ATI, needs to stay plugged in.

well i just unplugged my cd drive and my floppy and well i ran bf2 for 2 hours without that power surge message coming on, thanks for the help, looks like i might be buying a new psu. Any ideas which i should go for?

You gotta spend a few bucks for a decent one. Go for a good brand, OCZ, Akasa, Thermaltake, Enermax, Tagan, Antec, to name a few. You want like over 400w, quality one though. Everyone including your imaginary friend's mom has been let down due to a crappy power supply.

I thought i had the problem solved, but a few days later i started getting the messsage agian, with my floppy,cd,fans all unplugged no power but it still came up during games, My local tech guy said it might be a shortcircuit on the mobo, but im not sure cause i dont want to waste money ona psu when i could spend it on a new mobo, what would u guys do in my situation and if so which mobo for agp card would u use

Yes, even if you invest in a new motherboard, I wouldn't risk damaging it with that PSU.

As far as the PSU goes, It isn't as important to stay brand name (in my opinion). I would say get something in the range of 500watts (450 should do), but more importantly, at least 24A@12v+. Some power supplies have DUAL 12v+ lines because it is so imporatnt. So if you have two lines of 18A's, that of courser is sufficient, as long as you dont use all of the molex connectors on one line, and none on the other :).

Glad we have some sort of a resolution, good luck and PM or AIM me anytime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom