Norton Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

karsonzhu

Beta member
How do u use Norton Ghost to copy a whole HDD, and to make an image of the C: drive and copy it out on to a disc and put it in to another HDD?????????

plz attach any files needed thanx

Are you talking about copying the hard drive to removable media (CD, DVD) so you can take the CD/DVD and install the original hard drive onto a different hard drive?

If you can, install the second hard drive in the computer as the original. Ghost can copy it over to the second one in about an hour or less.

Yeah going to and from a disk is slow... and thats if you can get it to fit.

Ghost should have the option to copy straight to a new HD, a CD/DVD, or go over a network.

But what is above is correct, go HD to HD.

i dont think you can copy to cd/dvd with ghost...unless the newest versions have that option. ghost would need a DOS cd burning utility to run that.

you can burn to the 2nd harddrive (as mentioned) or you can do a network boot and send the image to a network drive.

i had a simular prob with ghost 10. tried to use the hdd to hdd copy method, it tells me cannot be used while windows is running, to retart into recovery mode and try from there. when you start in recovery mode, there is no hdd to hdd copy mode.

harrysiii said:
i dont think you can copy to cd/dvd with ghost...unless the newest versions have that option. ghost would need a DOS cd burning utility to run that.

you can burn to the 2nd harddrive (as mentioned) or you can do a network boot and send the image to a network drive.

I have it. And I know it does. But it's version 9/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom