Buying a Laptop for College

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
hey guys, I am buying a laptop for college, just trying to figure out if an integrated will ever NOT be enough or if the tech is about to jump on laptops to the point i should just wait it out for a few more months.

Thanks.

hey guys, I am buying a laptop for college, just trying to figure out if an integrated will ever NOT be enough or if the tech is about to jump on laptops to the point i should just wait it out for a few more months.

Lol that was the most confusing post I have read in a while. I will translate:

He wants to know if an integrated laptop with the current specs of today will ever not be able to use most applications, play games, etc well.

He seems to think that technology is being used to further the abilities of laptops and is wondering if he should wait a few months before buying.

My answer would be that technology is always changing and improving as is the software which requires better and better hardware. It all depends on what you want to do with it, what you want to use, and how soon you need it.

Now perhaps you should lay of the bong for a few days dude cause seriously i think your foot was lodged in your mouth on that one lol :p

If you're not gaming, then just go ahead and buy the laptop for internet surfing and microsoft office. If you are gaming, just buy a desktop.

Ryan

I have a desktop, and sorry about that confusing post, i was in the middle of networking class and my mind was slightly fried, anyways, flying pretty much had it right, I will be used for studying late at night so it cannot be loud (entire reason for it since my desktop sounds like a monster) and for roaming around so im not locked up in my dorm (so it has to have a good battery).

Basically, web surfing, using Word ect. No games since my Desktop is very nice as is.

I have a bout 500-1k to spend on it, and I have no idea how to build a laptop so I will just buy it from one of the online companies.

Thanks guys and sorry about the confusing post heh.

P.S. I do want it to be fairly fast on accessing programs, and it does NOT have to have to big of a HDD since anything vital will be transferred onto my Desktop for extra safety. a DVD-RW/CD-RW drive would be nice, but doenst have to be DVD-RW since my Desktop can handle that part, just so I can watch a movie if I am done studying and just want to let my mind wander =)

Although if it isnt to hard/expensive to buy the parts and build it I MAY build it myself, may not.

hehe, no biggie, just trying to find some Ideas about what ones to buy, what are good deals ect, I am not to up on which Mobile processors conserve battery ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom