Video Playback Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

salonso

Solid State Member
Hi everyone. IÂ’ve been having a big problem with viewing video clips on my pc. IÂ’m running XP Pro and the only software that is installed on my pc is Office 2003 Pro and Project 2003 and Visio 2003.

Every time I try to open a video clip, it freezes the picture and all you hear is the audio for the clip but the video doesn’t play. When I “end task” the program, usually windows media player, it locks the computer up, mouse keyboard, everything.

I have a program that checks all of the codecs on my pc and none of the codecs seemed to have had a problem.

I also uninstalled media player and installed it again from MicrosoftÂ’s website (latest version).

Anyway my computer locks up whenever a video clip is played, even if I go to a website that uses my media player as opposed to running it from their server.

Any thoughts? IÂ’m beginning to get a little desperate.

first thing i'd do is reinstall my codec pack. your app could have just looked to see if the codec was installed not if if has any errors.

I didn't install a "codec pack". All I did was install windows xp (fresh install) then office 2k3, after that I tried viewing a video and that's when the problems started.

Sounds like you need to download a codec pack. The file you are trying to play is a foreign file type. Search K-lite code pack download and install.

download new codecs, uninstall and reinstall your sound drivers, if that dont work, you could try a windows repair

I think I'll try the windows repair first. I don't think that it's a sound card problem because I can play audio files no problem in all audio programs. The only problem I have is with video in windows media player (quicktime video and realplay video works fine).

Yes I did install DivX and Xvid, but that still didn't help the problem. In addition to everything I also ran a dxdiag on my system with both monitors and all the tets came up fine. I played some video clips on both real player and windows media player and only real player works. Any other ideas? Also when I check the status of the codecs installed on my machine, everything is showing "ok".

I just went to the repair console and I'm really not too sure as to what to write in the command line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom