New Rig, would love a review

Status
Not open for further replies.

l3ent

Beta member
Alright so ive been tweaking this list for a while now, and am almost ready to purchase everything. While this is my first rig Ill build, ive been researching and looking into parts, builds and setups for a while, so I have a pretty good idea where im goin. The rig I have here is intended for gameplay and Graphic work. I intend to overclock this guy as much as I can, ive seen a solid number of Opteron 146's get to 3 Ghz at about 1.5-1.6 Volts, but I guess its totally based on if I get a good chip or not.. Anyway, Ive got about 1000 budget, but its gonna go over a bit. So, here we go

AMD Opteron 146
OCZ ModStream SATA 450W Power Supply
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket
Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 250GB
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin ram
XFX Geforce 6800GS 256MB
Sound Card: Chaintech AV710
Xp-90 + Nexus silent 92mm and some artic silver
COOLER MASTER Centurion

Ive got the Monitor, so ill throw in a dvd and floppy drive, splurge on a saitek eclipse, load up windows XP, and be good to go im thinking. If I find the spare cash id get duel channel 2x1gb ram, but for a lot of people they havnt noticed a significant difference in the gameplay preformance between 1 and 2 gigs, yet I dont know the effect on 2 gigs would have when working with multiple graphic programs would be worth the cost. Id love any feedback on my part choices and whatnot, so please let me know what you think. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom