Overclocking my X800

Status
Not open for further replies.

fury36

In Runtime
So i was wondering if it was a good idea to overclock my graphics card (the details are in my sig). I thought it would be a quite good card to overclock because of the IceQII cooling. Any programs any of you know of to overclock my card with?

give atitool a try. One thing I suggest is when using the "find max mem" and "Find max core" Dont let it go all the way to the max. It wont stop til either you bluescreen or your comp restarts. Just raise each a few MHz and then scan for artifacts for a while, very simple program to use.

I dunno. You can make Atitool so it keeps going up until it artifacts, then it will keep lowering the speed until it doesn't artifact for a certain time. great program!

So you can automatically set it to the max settings that the graphics card will handle without artifacts with the click of a button?

ok ati tool has to be the best overclocking program. for a video card anyways! but the X800XL will actually beat a 6800GT when overclocked a little bit, as there cores cannot do but so much. but you can get some luck with the memory on em.. your cooling should be plenty..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom