1st Gaming Build Completed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcement

In Runtime
Well, after a few months of gathering components and information, I had all the components and I was ready to build. I put it all together and it didn't power on. Then, I checked the surge protrector and noticed I forgot to reset it...duh.

All right, so then the computer powered on and it's been running smooth ever since.

I wanted to thank this forum site and everyone here for all the help.

I do just have one slight problem:
My DDR400 RAM is only running at 200MHz. My system recognizes the full 1GB, but it's running at the above speed. Is that normal?

Final system specs:
Case: Antec Super LanBoy $30
Power Supply: Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W $50
Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4-F $85
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ $162
Video Card: EVGA GeForce 6800GS PCI-E $196
Memory: 1GB (2*512MB) OCZ Value Series Dual Channel $60
Hard Drive: Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM $20
DVD Drive: Lite-On DVD-ROM $25
Operating System: Windows XP Home (of course) OEM $95

I believe that your ram is running at the right speed. DDR is double rate... so 200 x 2 = 400. I may be wrong, but anyway congrads on getting your system up and running.

nice, I just got my system running about a month ago, its like a dream, makes my old computer look like a 80 year old grandma and this thing a 18 year old olympic athelete.

ninjamonkey said:
I believe that your ram is running at the right speed. DDR is double rate... so 200 x 2 = 400. I may be wrong, but anyway congrads on getting your system up and running.

Ah..right you are... "More Confidence you need, young padawan learner..." ~My Yoda Impression.

looks quite a good midrangegaming rig that will stil play todays games at good detail well, nice build good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom